Monday, March 14, 2016

The choice to go public

Are we really going to post our family story for the whole world to read about?

Yikes, it is hard to say where that motivation comes from, we are a quite private family, I have a Facebook page that is limited strictly to friends and family that I actually know and my husband has never partaken in social media, so going public is a big deal. I suppose its all in an effort to "pay it forward" we have had so many great families step up and share their story and without them we may not have found our path. It is amazing how many families I have met that were told the same disheartening prognosis. It is unfortunate that a doctor can't be honest, realistic and encourage hope for that child to improve. Not every child will have a full recovery, most will continue to have some A Typical issues but the improvements can be life changing for that child and for that family. Now its time for other parents to know HOPE.
 
This decision is not entered into lightly and I genuinely believe that
Lindsey can help others simply by us sharing her story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment