Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Books.... so many books

I have never considered myself a "reader", as a matter of fact I made a habit of saying "if the book is any good, they will make a movie and I will watch it then." That being said everything changes when your family needs you. My daughter needed me to become a "reader" she needed me to learn as much as possible so that I could start her on her journey to recovery. So I found myself at Books-a-Million, Barnes and Noble, Discount Stores, used book stores and many other places that I would have typically driven past. I also found my self in a web of online articles and opinions. To say that I was overwhelmed by information would most certainly be an understatement.
 
I constantly found myself with a book in one hand and either my computer or phone in the other being used to look up the definition or terminology of a subject. I was fascinated by the amount of information and how common sense solutions seemed to play such a large role. There are many good books and I suggest you find the one that works for you. Ultimately- my book of choice was "Healing and Preventing Autism by Dr. Jerry Kartzinel and Jenny McCarthy. I used it as my "go-to" guide and have shared it with so many. It was easy to read, easy to understand and easy to implement. Please understand that just because I believe in this book, the methods and ideology that doesn't mean you need to, I imagine we all have a slightly different perspective on causes and recovery.

https://www.amazon.ca/Healing-Preventing-Autism-Complete-Guide/dp/0452295920/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

No comments:

Post a Comment